MSME /UDHYOG ADHAAR
START WITH US
What is MSME /UDHYOG ADHAAR Registration?
MSME Stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises it facilitates the development & promotion of enterprises through various benefits & schemes. If someone wants to avail of benefits from the Central or State Government and the Banking Sector then MSME Registration is required. It is governed by the MSMED Act 2006 in India under the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
Small-scale industries play an important role in the socio-economic development of India. The government of India created the MSMED Act to promote and support small-scale businesses. The Act was created to maintain a list of all the industries registered as MSME or SSI. The record aided in providing support and incentives to these firms. Furthermore, SSI helped in the employment of people with little capital investments. All these entities should possess a certificate of MSME registration, which should be registered with the Central Government’s MSME department under the Act of MSME Development- 2006.
The MSMED Act includes:
• Small Scale Industries (SSI)
• Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
• Different sectors have different limits for registering under the act.
• A manufacturing enterprise with plants and machinery that required an investment of below 10 Crores can be an MSME.
• For service enterprises, the amount caps at five crores.
• If the company exceeds the upper limit, at any point in the future, it is not considered as an MSME.
Benefits of MSME Registration to the Businesses:
• Low-Interest rate – All banks and other financial institutions recognize MSMEs and have created special schemes for them. MSME’s get the privilege of lower interest rate on business loans.
• Relaxation in Trademark Government Fees – The government has given relaxation in government fees of the trademark to MSME registered entities. The fee shall be â‚¹4500/- for small enterprises despite trademark fee for enterprises other than MSME’s is â‚¹9000/-
• Credit Support Schemes – The government of India runs several schemes to provide financial assistance to MSME for their business.
• Tender Eligibility – There is a certain quota reserved for MSME Registered Entity in government tender allotment.
• No delayed payment – If an MSME entity has made any sale then the buyer has to pay to the MSME’s entity within 45 days from the date of delivery of product or services.
• Easy loan in 59 minutes – Recently, the government has announced that all MSMEs having MSME Registration and GST registration will be granted easy up to ₹ 5 crores within 59 minutes. This scheme has been discussed below in detail.
Type of MSME Registrations:
There are 2 types of MSME Registration:
1. Provisional MSME Registration
2. Permanent MSME Registration
Who should obtain SSI/MSME Registration?
The eligibility for the scheme of MSME or SSI registration is dependent on the scale of the business of the enterprise. Udyog Aadhaar registration is applicable for Proprietorship, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), one-person company (OPC), Partnership Firm, public limited company, private limited company, production company, co-operative societies, limited liability partnership (LLP), or any association of persons or any other undertaking.
Micro Enterprises: A manufacturing enterprise should have an investment of less than Rs. 25 lakhs in plant and machinery. A service enterprise should have less than Rs. 10 lakhs invested. These micro-enterprises are the smallest entities.
Small Enterprises: For manufacturing enterprises, the investment has to be between Rs. 25 lakhs and Rs. 5 crores in plant and machinery. For service enterprises, the range is between Rs. 10 lakhs and Rs. 2 crores.
Medium Enterprises: If it is a manufacturing enterprise, the investment in plant and machinery has to be between Rs. 5 crore and Rs. 10 crores. If it is a service enterprise, the range is from Rs. 2 crores to Rs. 5 crores.
Choose Your Package
Documents Required for MSME /UDHYOG ADHAAR Registration
- Business address proof
- Copies of sale bill and purchase bill.
- Partnership Deed/ MoA and AoA.
- Copy of licenses and bills of machinery purchased.
- For firms that are listed in Schedule -III of the Industrial Licensing Exemption Notification, no Industrial license is needed. Every other enterprise must obtain it for the PRC (Provisional Registration Certificate) application.
- For the registration and document process, all statutory and administrative clearances need to be obtained such as an NoC from the pollution board to prove that no restrictions are being violated.